Organic Dairy Production
Part of the NOFA guides. Includes information on:
- Soils, the foundation of health (manure management)
- Crop production and grazing management (forage species, pasture management, setting up a grazing system)
- Livestock (selection, nutrition, winter and summer feed considerations, seasonal milking, habitat, herd health, milk quality)
- Marketing (selling fluid milk, regulations, facility and equipment, selling raw milk)
- The transition to organic
Featuring examples from various farms in the Northeast.