Chelsea Green Publishing is the leading publisher of books on the politics and practice of sustainable living. We lead the industry both in terms of content, with foundational books on renewable energy, green building, organic agriculture, eco-cuisine, and ethical business; and in terms of environmental practice, by printing on recycled paper.
Community Engagement Coordinator and Sales Assistant
Chelsea Green is looking for an energetic, creative marketing professional to join the sales and marketing team as Community Engagement Coordinator. The key responsibilities of this position are to travel to targeted consumer and trade shows throughout the country, representing the Chelsea Green brand across all subject categories, which include organic farming and gardening, permaculture, ecology, the environment, homesteading, food, health and wellness, and sustainable business and economics. The successful candidate will understand how to engage with consumers about our content, will enjoy travel, will be adept at building relationships, and will be dedicated to the mission of our core subject categories. The Community Engagement Coordinator will also assist the sales and marketing departments as needed and reports to the Marketing Director. This is a full-time position based in White River Junction, Vermont.
- Represent Chelsea Green Publishing at consumer shows and industry events, including functioning as a point of contact for authors at shows in which the authors are presenting
- With the Marketing Director and Author Events Manager, coordinate consumer shows and industry events, including the coordination of event administrative paperwork, registration, booth payments, delivery of materials and supplies as needed for each event
- Coordinate production of promotional pieces and other sales and marketing materials for events as needed
- Create summary reports after each event attended
- In coordination with the Author Events Manager, maintain a calendar of events and research new event possibilities to add to the schedule as needed
- Maintain all event budgets, including processing invoices and working closely with finance and the Marketing Director on event-related expenses and revenue projections
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager and Marketing Director to develop creative event related social media content and execute online event invitations
Additional Marketing Tasks:
- With the Marketing Director, coordinate targeted academic outreach four times a year
- With the Marketing Director, create and send a targeted email newsletter to librarians four times a year
- Research marketplace and comparable titles in key and emerging Chelsea Green categories, analyzing and recommending how they relate to new event opportunities
Additional Sales Tasks:
- In coordination with the Trade Sales Manager and Marketing Director, create and upload online catalogs in publishing-specific databases, adding comparable titles, art spreads, marketing plans, and key sales points
- Participate in launch meetings and collaborate closely with the sales and marketing team on appropriate title and brand messaging
- Monitor the marketplace in key categories and conduct research on comparable and competing titles, including sales histories, to better present Chelsea Green titles to consumers
- Minimum 3 years professional experience
- A love of travel (will be ~60 days annually)
- An understanding of the mission of Chelsea Green Publishing
- Creative problem solver and motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills
- Commitment to the company mission and to making a positive impact in the world; lover of books
Qualified candidates should contact Sean Maher ([email protected])
We have limited number of paid internships available throughout the year in Editorial, Production, and Marketing, and they are all based in our main office in White River Junction, VT. We do not offer remote internships. The typical duration is several months.
If you are interested in an internship please submit a resume and cover letter, which details the department you are interested working in and your dates of availability via email to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
We currently have no open positions at this time.