- Chelsea Green - www.chelseagreen.com -
Popular vote update Feb 20
Posted By JTE On February 20, 2008 @ 11:59 am In Politics & Social Justice | No Comments
The latest, including a new table for additional analysis (and gloating on the part of Democrats):
Some new notables:
Previous observations which mostly still stand:
- The results in Michigan for the Democrats are heavily skewed in favor of Senator Clinton since Senator Obama wasn’t listed on that ballot. Notice that the “other” category there is so high. So for bean counters in the race between Clinton and Obama, that’s something to be aware of.
- Overall voting for Democratic candidates is nearly 50 percent higher than overall voting for Republican candidates; or, reversing the math, overall Republican voting was nearly 33 percent lower than overall Democratic voting. Whichever version floats your spin boat.
- Ron Paul has received more votes than Rudy Giuliani. And this guy saved the world from terrorism? What a joke!
- Clinton and Obama each have received nearly twice as many votes as the leading Republican, Senator McCain.
- In his home state of Arizona, McCain failed to garner even 50 percent of the Republican vote. That must be a little disappointing.  They know something the rest of us don’t?
- Total votes for McCain=4.9million, Romney=4.1million, Huckabee=2.5million. And yet Romney is the one who got squeezed out of the race while Huckabee threatens a Giants-over-Patriots upset? Weird.
* Personally, that makes me think that the supposedly less electable Senator Clinton would still have a rather good chance of defeating McCain in the general election. (Though, of course, the disgusting Electoral College makes this kind of simplistic number analysis much less reliable.)
Article printed from Chelsea Green: www.chelseagreen.com
URL to article: http://www.chelseagreen.com/content/popular-vote-update-feb-20/
URLs in this post:
 Feb 13: http://flaminggrasshopper.com/?p=872
 Feb 11: http://flaminggrasshopper.com/?p=865
 Feb 6: http://flaminggrasshopper.com/?p=862
 March 5: http://flaminggrasshopper.com/?p=890
 Democratic primary popular vote totals (as of Feb 20): http://flaminggrasshopper.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/dem20080220.htm
 Republican primary popular vote totals (as of Feb 20): http://flaminggrasshopper.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/rep20080220.htm
 Both party leading candidates primary popular vote totals (as of Feb 20): http://flaminggrasshopper.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/summary20080220.htm
 Comparing 2nd-place Democrat to 1st-place Republican and all Republicans combined (as of Feb 20): http://flaminggrasshopper.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/d2vr1andrtotal20080220.htm
 They know something the rest of us don’t?: http://www.alternet.org/election08/75845/