Fair season is here — Mother Earth News Fair season that is! If you’re a homesteader, small-farmer, or gardener, you need to check out the Mother Earth News Fair near you.
If you live within a quick drive to Seattle, you’re in luck. Because the next Mother Earth News Fair is in Puyallup, WA on May 31 and June 1.From speakers and workshops to vendors and livestock breeders, the Mother Earth News Fairs draw thousands of sustainability-minded, curious, self-reliant folks together for a full weekend of workshops, lectures, and hands-on presentations at the sprawling Puyallup fairgrounds. And of course, a full slate of Chelsea Green authors will be among the presenters. The following authors will be leading workshops and giving keynote speeches in Puyallup: Saturday, May 31 Doug Fine — workshop
- 1:00 PM, Modern Homesteading Stage: Hemp Returns to Humanity.
- 2:30-3:30 PM, Real Food Stage: One Pot, One Gallon, One Hour Lasagna Cheese.
- 5:30-6:30 PM, Real Food Stage: Yogurt: Marvels and Making.
- 9:30AM, Mother Earth News Stage: Live Poultry Demo.
- 4:00 PM, Mother Earth News Stage: Heretics Unite.
- 11:30 AM, Real Food Stage: Raw Milk Production- Doing it Right.
- 11:30AM, Modern Homesteading Stage: From Hobby to Business: How to transform your farming hobby into a right livelihood
- 2:30-3:30- Mother Earth News Stage: Agriculture, Horticulture, Permaculture: How a society based on gardens rather than farms offers a sustainable future.