Fair season is here — Mother Earth News Fair season that is! If you’re a homesteader, small-farmer, or gardener, you need to check out the Mother Earth News Fair near you.
If you live within a quick drive to Seattle, you’re in luck. Because the next Mother Earth News Fair is in Puyallup, WA on May 31 and June 1.
From speakers and workshops to vendors and livestock breeders, the Mother Earth News Fairs draw thousands of sustainability-minded, curious, self-reliant folks together for a full weekend of workshops, lectures, and hands-on presentations at the sprawling Puyallup fairgrounds. And of course, a full slate of Chelsea Green authors will be among the presenters.
The following authors will be leading workshops and giving keynote speeches in Puyallup:
Saturday, May 31
Doug Fine — workshop
- 1:00 PM, Modern Homesteading Stage: Hemp Returns to Humanity.
Gianaclis Caldwell- 2 workshops
- 2:30-3:30 PM, Real Food Stage: One Pot, One Gallon, One Hour Lasagna Cheese.
- 5:30-6:30 PM, Real Food Stage: Yogurt: Marvels and Making.
Sunday, June 1
Joel Salatin — Keynote
- 9:30AM, Mother Earth News Stage: Live Poultry Demo.
- 4:00 PM, Mother Earth News Stage: Heretics Unite.
Gianaclis Caldwell — workshop
- 11:30 AM, Real Food Stage: Raw Milk Production- Doing it Right.
Rebecca Thistlethwaite — workshop:
- 11:30AM, Modern Homesteading Stage: From Hobby to Business: How to transform your farming hobby into a right livelihood
Toby Hemenway — Keynote
- 2:30-3:30- Mother Earth News Stage: Agriculture, Horticulture, Permaculture: How a society based on gardens rather than farms offers a sustainable future.
Visit Chelsea Green at Booth #818-820 (right outside the Mother Earth News Fair Bookstore) for special deals, giveaways, book discounts, and to meet our authors face-to-face. Communications Director Shay Totten will be there to answer questions, talk about our books coming out later this year, and hold regular raffles where you could walk away with a Chelsea Green book … free!
We’ll also have hemp treats in advance of Hemp History Week, which begins June 2 and ends June 8.
See you at the Fair!
For the full line-up, download the Fair schedule here.