Ecological Imperatives, Personal Values, and Economics
Part of the NOFA Guides. Includes information on:
- Lessons from systems science (including tools)
- Assessing the whole farm (what are we managing? the people, physical and mental assets, money)
- Understanding the farm ecosystems (the water and mineral cycles, dynamics of the biological community, the energy flow)
- Choosing appropriate tools
- Making a framework to test decisions
Including examples and statements from practicing farmers, and more holistic resources and alternative business models.