Summary: Supports the Chelsea Green publicity department with administrative, database, clerical, and research responsibilities. This is a position for a motivated, well-organized self-starter with a demonstrated interest in sustainability issues, book publishing, and the media.
- Support the Director of Publicity and Publicity staff in creating and distributing press material and other collateral, project support, handling media review copy mailings, handling shipment tracking in our media database (Quickbase)
- Track relevant media hits via Google Alerts, Meltwater (our media monitoring software), and other digital tools for entry into media database
- Aggregate a weekly round-up of media hits for end of week staff reporting
- Handle/fulfill general media requests via our general publicity inbox
- Maintain review copy and publications libraries
- Research, add or update new media contacts to the publicity database as assigned
- Additional admin tasks may include: taking minutes at meetings, updating schedules, making copies, copyediting, preparing and sending packages, marketing files housekeeping, etc.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to details
- Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel. Knowledge of Adobe Pro, InDesign, and QuickBase a plus.
- Some knowledge of media databases and platforms helpful (e.g., Cision, Haro, etc.)
Position: Full- or Part-time, 6 months to coincide with our two publishing seasons. This is a paid position, based at our main office in White River Junction, VT.
To apply: To submit your application, send resume and cover letter to Steven Pomije, Director of Publicity: [email protected]. Specify the position in the subject line.
Chelsea Green’s paid internship initiative offers an invaluable opportunity to develop professional skills, learn the ins and outs of the publishing world, and make important contacts within the industry.
About Chelsea Green: Since 1984, Chelsea Green has been the go-to publisher for people seeking foundational books on the politics and practice of sustainable living, including organic gardening and agriculture, renewable energy, green building, eco-cuisine, and ethical business. In 2012, we decided to practice what we publish and became employee-owned. We are a founding member of the Green Press Initiative and have been printing books on recycled paper since 1985, when our first list of books went on sale. We print our books on paper that consists of a minimum of 30 percent post-consumer waste and aim for 100 percent whenever possible.