Join us at the Midwest Renewable Energy Fair
Join Chelsea Green this weekend at the largest and longest running renewable energy and sustainable living event in the country – Register today!
Each year the MREA Energy Fair transforms rural Central Wisconsin into the global hot spot for renewable energy education. The Energy Fair brings over 20,000 people from nearly every state in the U.S. and several countries around the world to learn, connect with others and ready them for action at home. The Energy Fair is the nation’s longest running energy education event of its kind.
The Energy Fair features:
- Over 275 exhibitors – featuring sustainable living and clean energy products
- Over 200 workshops – including introductory level to advanced hands-on education: solar, wind, green building, local sustainable food, and more
- Clean Energy Car Show – featuring demonstration vehicles and exhibitors
- Green Home Pavilion – emphasizing building and remodeling in a sustainable way
- Green Building Demos – displaying sustainable building techniques in action
- Sustainable Tables – including workshops, chef demos, and a farmers’ market to bring sustainability to your dinner table
- Live Auctions – two live auctions featuring plants and shrubs, to PV systems and farm equipment
- Inspirational keynotes, lively entertainment, great food, and local beer
Join us for the 23rd Annual Energy Fair, June 15-17, 2012
Visit Chelsea Green at Booth A32 to receive our show special discount, for featured new and bestselling titles, such as Amory Lovins’s hopeful and pragmatic Reinventing Fire; or our classic primer Wind Power.
William Wordsworth was right when he said, “Nature never did betray the heart that loved her.” Nevertheless, the cold, dark days of winter can still get the best of even Nature’s most tenderhearted admirer. What’s one to do? We here at Chelsea Green have concocted the perfect cabin fever remedy with our suggested winter reading…Read More
Great news for French-speaking fans of Ben Falk’s The Resilient Farm and Homestead: An Innovative Permaculture and Whole Systems Design Approach. The French language translation is now available from Imagine Un Colibri, from French booksellers, and on Amazon.fr. Falk’s book is a technical manual that details the strategies he and his team have developed for…Read More
Are you prepared in the event of a sudden emergency? Blizzard, earthquake, insurrection after the inauguration? We know a lot of people are wondering what’s coming next in the US, as well as the world, given terrorism, politics, and global warming, among other threats. In this excerpt from When Technology Fails, a popular book on…Read More
Ah, 2016 – where did the time fly? It seems like only earlier this year we were excited about designing swales and getting to know more about no-till farming, and we ended up focusing on the heart, ketogenic diets and seeking a bio-abundant future. While the top 7 blog posts of the year don’t exactly…Read More
Uncertainty got you down? The political world may seem like it’s crumbling around us, but this we know: We can make it, America. Literally, we can make things. Houses. Gardens. Food. Below we’ve selected some of our classic how-to and DIY books (and some new favorites) to help you sustain your self, family, and community.…Read More