Chelsea Green - an employee-owned, mission-driven book publisher — is looking for a creative, book-loving, savvy Web Editor to join our growing marketing and publicity team in the company’s Burlington, VT office.
If you’re interested, please send resume and cover letter to Communications Director Shay Totten: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
The Web Editor is responsible for ensuring that our consumer and media websites are up to date, and is responsible for drafting and then implementing the creative content for our social media channels, as well as our consumer email program.
Manage our ecommerce site (ChelseaGreen.com), keeping book data up to date and highlighting major media hits.
Plan and compose postings for the ChelseaGreen.com front page.
- Report website problems promptly, assist Online Marketing Manager and developers to resolve quickly
- Manage special media site for sales (Media.ChelseaGreen.com), updating book data and marketing information as needed.
- Conduct research on new authors to provide publicity background information on Media.ChelseaGreen.com.
Manage postings and interaction on Chelsea Green’s social media platforms.
- Track and respond to social media statistics to ensure high quality, and high levels of interaction on all platforms.
- Provide monthly reports to key staff and managers.
- Manage Chelsea Green content on other platforms as needed, such as Scribd.
Draft Chelsea Green’s consumer and specialty email newsletters under direction of Communications Director and Online Marketing Manager.
- Draft the list of books to promote, collect links and image URLs, as needed.
- Re-code email html as needed to convert for ChelseaGreen.com web posting.
- Draft promotional test subject lines, and marketing copy, for each consumer and specialty email.
- Complete simple graphic design in support of social media marketing and publicity efforts, including press releases, staff business cards, and consumer ads.
- Assist Online Marketing Manager with maintaining a list of potential online outlets for targeted promotion campaigns along with management of the ShareSale program.
Research and draft content topics posted to the company’s blog, social media, and multimedia channels for maximum SEO, reach, branding, and effectiveness.
Monitor emerging, and existing, trends and best practices in SEO, social media and other online marketing strategies.
Work with the Online Marketing Manager to develop strategies to grow our online marketing outreach through our direct email program, website, social media, and more.
Position Details: Full-time salaried position, based in Burlington, Vermont. Spends one day a week in the White River Junction, Vermont office.
Reports to: Communications Director
Qualifications: This is a position for someone with a demonstrated interest in online publishing and marketing and an interest in our company mission. The qualified candidate will be able to work within a team environment as well as work independently, and be responsible for tracking and monitoring their goals and objectives. One to two years experience multimedia publishing helpful. Must have: strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills; ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; Bachelor’s degree; strong computer skills and proficiency in Word and Excel; comfort with using Google Analytics and other online tracking software; proficiency in social media, and comfortable with administrative tasks. HTML and other multimedia experience is helpful, as is being familiar with Adobe Creative Suite – PhotoShop Dreamweaver, InDesign and Acrobat.
About Us: For almost 30 years, Chelsea Green has been the go-to publisher for people seeking foundational books on the politics and practice of sustainable living, including organic gardening and agriculture, renewable energy, green building, eco-cuisine, and ethical business. In 2012, we decided to practice what we publish and became employee-owned. We are a founding member of the Green Press Initiative and have been printing books on recycled paper since 1985, when our first list of books went on sale. We print our books on paper that consists of a minimum of 30 percent post-consumer waste and aim for 100 percent whenever possible. We also don’t print our books overseas, but rather use domestic printers to keep our shipping costs (and impact on the environment) at a minimum.