Table of Contents
Part 1: Zero Waste philosophy and practicalities
Introduction to Part 1
1. Zero Waste and the Big Picture.
2. The Ten Steps to Zero Waste.
3. The history of the anti-incineration movement
4. The arguments against Incineration (the biggest obstacle to Zero Waste).
5. Zero Waste. The early history.
Part 2: Zero Waste initiatives around the world
Introduction to Part 2
6. San Francisco.
8. Australia and New Zealand.
9. Canada and U.S.
10. Europe: Belgium, Spain, Sweden, and UK.
11. Asia: India, Japan, Philippines and Taiwan
12. Middle East: Bahrain, Egypt, Israel and Lebanon.
13. South America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Colombia.
Part 3: Different Perspectives on Zero Waste
Introduction to Part 3
Part a. The practitioners
14. Neil Seldman
15. Dan Knapp and Mary Lou Deventer
16. Eric Lombardi
17. Buddy Boyd
Part b. The theorists
18. Helen Spiegelman
19. Bill Sheehan
20. Dan Knapp
21. Jeffrey Morris
Part c. The promoters
22. Gary Liss
23. Richard Anthony
24. Paul Connett
25. Paul Connett Final Words
Appendix A. A list of videotapes on waste management produced by VideoActive Productions and Grass Roots and Global Video
Appendix B. Dr. Neil Carman’s questions for use by citizens in a Public Hearing to be held addressing the environmental impacts of an incinerator proposed for Arecipo, Puerto Rico.