- Blog - http://chelseagreen.com/blogs -
More than Maple: A Practical Guide to Producing and Marketing Syrup
Posted By admin On October 28, 2013 @ 8:00 am In Farm & Garden,Food & Drink | Comments Disabled
- Finding trees other than maple to tap, including birch and walnut;
- How to successfully market product and create successful business models;
- The economics of buying and selling sap;
- Enhancing diversity in the sugarbush;
- How to build community through producing syrup; and,
- Ecological forest management; and more.
“My goal is to inspire you into action, providing information on many topics related to sustainable sap and syrup production from a variety of species,” writes Farrell in the Preface. Whether you’re a novice, an expert, or anywhere in between, The Sugarmaker’s Companion is a must-have addition to your bookshelf.
“Mike Farrell’s The Sugarmaker’s Companion should be on every maple producer’s bookshelf,” writes Brian Chabot of Cornell University. “It contains a substantial amount of information not found elsewhere, especially marketing ideas, novel products, economic analyses, and creative ideas for expanding markets for pure maple products.”Read Chapter 1: Why Maple Matters below.
Article printed from Blog: http://chelseagreen.com/blogs
URL to article: http://chelseagreen.com/blogs/more-than-maple-a-practical-guide-to-producing-and-marketing-syrup/
URLs in this post:
 The Sugarmaker’s Companion: http://www.chelseagreen.com/bookstore/item/the_sugarmakers_companion