With the tenth anniversary of September 11, 2001, Chelsea Green has had the honor of bringing veteran journalist Edward Girardet’s in-depth and personal history of Afghanistan, Killing the Cranes, into the world.
Girardet has been talking to a lot of people recently about his experiences in Afghanistan since the days just before the Soviet invasion in 1979.To hear more, check out:
- Ed’s conversation with Renee Montaigne on NPR’s Morning Edition. 
- On the Leonard Lopate Show. 
- On PBS’ NewsHour. 
- On Thom Hartmann’s Conversations with Great Minds (Part 1 ) (Part 2 )
- And on the Kojo Nnamdi Show. 
- This is a reminiscence of Ed’s time at the Christian Science Monitor by editor John Yemma 
- And a recent review in Huntington News.