Summary: Supports the Chelsea Green marketing and publicity department with administrative, database, clerical, and research responsibilities. This is a position for a motivated, well-organized self-starter with a demonstrated interest in sustainability issues and publishing.
- Support the Marketing Director in creating a comprehensive marketing schedule, alerting necessary staff to deadlines and meeting agendas, and finalizing collateral marketing material
- Support the Publicity Director and Senior Book Strategist by handling review copy mailings and tracking all shipments in our relational database system (Quickbase)
- Review Google Alerts and Meltwater (our media monitoring software) for relevant media hits to log in Quickbase
- Provide a weekly round-up of media hits for end of week staff reporting
- Research and add new media contacts—and update existing contact information—to the publicity database
- Additional clerical tasks include: taking minutes at meetings, updating schedules, making copies, copyediting marketing materials, sending packages, etc.
- Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel. Ability to maintain simple databases. Knowledge of Adobe and InDesign a plus.
- Comfort with administrative tasks
About Chelsea Green: Since 1984, Chelsea Green has been the go-to publisher for people seeking foundational books on the politics and practice of sustainable living, including organic gardening and agriculture, renewable energy, green building, eco-cuisine, and ethical business. In 2012, we decided to practice what we publish and became employee-owned. We are a founding member of the Green Press Initiative and have been printing books on recycled paper since 1985, when our first list of books went on sale. We print our books on paper that consists of a minimum of 30 percent post-consumer waste and aim for 100 percent whenever possible.
Position: Full- or Part-time, 3 months, paid, based in White River Junction, VT.
To apply: To submit your application, send resume and cover letter to Sean Maher (email@example.com). No phone calls, please.