2013 Winter Conference Schedule
When the temperature drops and the soil is frozen solid, farmers head out to winter agriculture conferences.
This winter, Chelsea Green authors are appearing at several sustainable conferences around the country. Below is a full list of author appearances, complete with links to the conferences where you can find more information, register, and get directions.
These conferences are also a great place to browse Chelsea Green books in person. Just head to the conference bookstore.
David Buchanan: Taste, Memory
- Greg Pahl: Power from the People
Greg Marley: Chanterelle Dreams, Amanita Nightmares
- Steve Gilman: Organic Soil Fertility and Weed Management
- Karma Glos: Humane and Healthy Poultry Production
- Elizabeth Henderson: Sharing the Harvest
- Brian Caldwell: Growing Healthy Vegetable Crops
- Gianaclis Caldwell: Mastering Artisan Cheesemaking
- Shannon Hayes: Long Way on a Little
- Eliot Coleman: The Winter Harvest Handbook
- Ross Conrad: Natural Beekeeping Revised and Expanded Edition — Coming Soon!
- Ben Falk: The Resilient Farm and Homestead — Coming Soon!
- Stephen Leslie: The New Horse-Powered Farm — Coming Soon!
- David Buchanan: Taste, Memory
- Jack Lazor: The Organic Grain Grower — Coming Soon!
- Susan Clark: Slow Democracy
- Grace Gershuny: Compost, Vermicompost, and Compost Tea
OEFFA (February 16-17)
- Gene Logsdon: A Sanctuary of Trees
Did you know that our collective future could well pivot on people coming to understand that soil fungi matter? Or that there’s such a thing as fungal consciousness? Fungi have intricate lives, behaviors, and uses most people are unaware of. Mychorrizal fungi form symbiotic relationships with the root systems of other plants. The crucial, symbiotic role…Read More
Goats have provided humankind with essential products for centuries. They bear the noble distinction of being the first domesticated farm animal. From providing milk and meat for sustenance and fiber and hides for clothing and shelter to carrying packs and clearing brush, there isn’t much that goats cannot do. Managing goats successfully requires an understanding…Read More
Composting is more than a way to minimize waste and supplement your garden. It is a method which can be practiced and perfected to “supply all the needs of [your] crops and the soil in which they live.” Composting master Will Bonsall has honed the craft to be so efficient that he has made over 200…Read More
“The movement for freedom from poisons in our food and agriculture is the most important freedom movement in our times. . . . Read the story of Mals to get inspired. And act.” —from the foreword by VANDANA SHIVA The recent uncovering of The Poison Papers—a collection of documents revealing years of apparent collusion between companies…Read More