A book for everyone who loves trees and woodlands, this completely revised and updated edition of Ben Law’s 2001 classic presents a range of practical and tested alternatives to conventional woodland management. Based on years of experience, Ben clearly demonstrates how to create biodiverse, healthy environments that create secure livelihoods and yield a great variety of value added products. He also argues the case for a new approach to planning, encouraging the creation of permaculture woodlands for the benefit of the community, the local environment and the global climate.
Written from the heart by an innovative woodsman who is deeply committed to sustainability, this radical book presents an immensely practical alternative to conventional woodland management.
The Woodland Way contains:
- Woodlands from wildwood to the 21st century;
- The 21st century and the return of the forest dweller;
- Woodland assessment and management planning;
- Establishing new woodlands;
- Management of woodlands;
- From tree to finished product;
- Food from the woods;
- Woodland management and the law;
- The future of woodlands.