Martin Schnyder is a trained landscape gardener and has been working as a self-employed gardener in central Switzerland since 1997.
By Judith Anger and Immo Fiebrig and Martin Schnyder
Want to grow food but have nothing larger than a balcony, windowsill, or a piece of wall? No problem! This is a gardening book with a difference. It will help you to grow your own fruit, vegetables, herbs, and even mushrooms in small spaces in the most ecological way possible. Edible Cities shows you why the urban landscape can be a great place for permaculture. Discover inside:
• Principles of permaculture
• Worldwide examples of urban gardening projects
• Ideas for flats and balconies
• Green roofs
• Vertical gardening and urban beekeeping
• Guerrilla gardening and successful community projects
• Illustrated practical techniques with clear instructions
• Preface and contributions by Sepp Holzer
• Urban case studies from cities all over the world.
Packed with inspiration and practical, fully illustrated ideas, discover how people around the world are inventing new growing opportunities and making them a reality with few resources and a lot of creativity. Find out how you, too, can plan and create your own urban growing paradise.
Available in: Paperback
Sorry we don’t have any events but we’d love to change that. Have a thought on where one of our 400 authors could speak? Contact Author Events Manager, Jenna Stewart at email@example.com
To set up an author appearance contact Jenna Dimmick Stewart:
(802) 295-6300 x 120
See all Authors
Sign up for our e-newsletter today and get 25% off your next purchase in our bookstore. Please note that discount codes do not combine with other offers or books already on sale.