100 energy saving tips for everything in your home or business!
Did you know . . .
- Heating and cooling account for about 56% of the energy use in a typical home
- Energy-efficient light bulbs last about 12 times longer than ordinary bulbs, and consume about 1/5 of the energy
- If we all turned off our TVs and other gadgets that are kept on stand-by, we could shut down a couple of power stations in the United States, with huge reductions in CO2 emissions
- Our energy use is projected to increase 17% from 1995-2015
- Our homes produce even more CO2 emissions than our cars
This book gives you 100 energy-saving tips for the home—from simple things like switching off unnecessary lights and having a shower instead of a bath, to more drastic measures such as installing a condensing boiler. If each one of us acts on just a few of these suggestions, we can save money—and help slow down climate change.