With the tenth anniversary of September 11, 2001, Chelsea Green has had the honor of bringing veteran journalist Edward Girardet’s in-depth and personal history of Afghanistan, Killing the Cranes, into the world.
Girardet has been talking to a lot of people recently about his experiences in Afghanistan since the days just before the Soviet invasion in 1979.
To hear more, check out:
- Ed’s conversation with Renee Montaigne on NPR’s Morning Edition.
- On the Leonard Lopate Show.
- On PBS’ NewsHour.
- On Thom Hartmann’s Conversations with Great Minds (Part 1) (Part 2)
- And on the Kojo Nnamdi Show.Â
- This is a reminiscence of Ed’s time at the Christian Science Monitor by editor John Yemma
- And a recent review in Huntington News.