Chelsea Green Publishing is hiring an experienced, book-loving, sustainability-minded Social Media and Marketing Associate to join our growing publicity team in the company’s Burlington, VT office.
The Social Media & Marketing Associate is responsible for managing Chelsea Green Publishing’s social media campaigns, as well as helping to ensure that our consumer and media websites are up to date, and taking the lead to develop our online video strategy. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position that reports to the Communications Director. The position is based out of Chelsea Green’s Burlington, VT office, but one day per week will be spent in the White River Junction, VT office.
Core responsibilities and duties:
Manage Chelsea Green’s social media campaigns across a variety of interactive platforms. Those tasks include:
- Tracking and responding to social media statistics to ensure high quality, and high levels of interaction on all platforms. Provide regular reports to key staff and managers.
- Research and draft content topics posted to the company’s blog, social media, and multimedia channels for maximum SEO, reach, branding, and effectiveness.
- Upload Chelsea Green-related video content to our websites (ecommerce and publicity sites), as well as other platforms as needed, such as Vimeo and YouTube, and others as they develop.
Manage special media site for marketing and sales staff. Tasks include:
- Ensure book, author, and media coverage is kept current for each new book, post excerpts to the website and Scribd, as well as other third party sites as needed.
- Conduct research on new authors to provide publicity background information on our media site, as well as the social media profile of each author.
- Develop special promotional campaigns – in conjunction with the sales and marketing team – for individual books and authors, as necessary. This can include direct-to-consumer, as well as academic, specialty markets, libraries, bookstores, and more.
- Work with authors to coach and coordinate their social media and marketing efforts.
Assist in the day-to-day management of our company and consumer website (ChelseaGreen.com) as needed. Tasks include:
- Plan and compose postings for ChelseaGreen.com blog and the front page of our media site.
- Upload and highlight interviews, featured books, and other key promotional material such as excerpts.
- Work with the Online Marketing Manager on website promotion as part of our social media and direct marketing outreach to consumers.
Other key tasks include:
- Monitor emerging, and existing, trends, applications, and best practices in SEO, social media and other online marketing strategies.
- Complete simple graphic design in support of social media marketing and publicity efforts.
- Take the lead on developing video and visual strategies to promote authors, books, and Chelsea Green.
- Providing ongoing reports to Chelsea Green staff and authors about our social media marketing.
- Occasional travel for consumer events and trade conferences.
- College degree.
- Commitment to the Chelsea Green mission.
- Three to five years of social media marketing and website management experience.
- Strong writing and communication skills, copywriting experience a plus.
- Familiar in using basic HTML to design web pages.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, and other online tracking software.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Acrobat).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer skills required.
- Basic video editing skills.
About Chelsea Green: For more than 30 years, Chelsea Green has been a leading publisher of books on the politics and practice of sustainable living, including organic gardening and agriculture, renewable energy, green building, eco-cuisine, and ethical business. We are a mission-driven, socially responsible company offering competitive salary and benefits. In 2012, we became employee-owned. We are a founding member of the Green Press Initiative and have been printing books on recycled paper since 1985, when our first list of books went on sale. Our Burlington, VT-based marketing and publicity office is a fast-paced, but supportive, working environment and Chelsea Green offers a competitive salary and benefits package.