- Blog - http://chelseagreen.com/blogs -
Popular vote update Feb 20
Posted By JTE On February 20, 2008 @ 11:59 am In Politics & Public Policy | No Comments
* Personally, that makes me think that the supposedly less electable Senator Clinton would still have a rather good chance of defeating McCain in the general election. (Though, of course, the disgusting Electoral College makes this kind of simplistic number analysis much less reliable.)
- The results in Michigan for the Democrats are heavily skewed in favor of Senator Clinton since Senator Obama wasn’t listed on that ballot. Notice that the “other” category there is so high. So for bean counters in the race between Clinton and Obama, that’s something to be aware of.
- Overall voting for Democratic candidates is nearly 50 percent higher than overall voting for Republican candidates; or, reversing the math, overall Republican voting was nearly 33 percent lower than overall Democratic voting. Whichever version floats your spin boat.
- Ron Paul has received more votes than Rudy Giuliani. And this guy saved the world from terrorism? What a joke!
- Clinton and Obama each have received nearly twice as many votes as the leading Republican, Senator McCain.
- In his home state of Arizona, McCain failed to garner even 50 percent of the Republican vote. That must be a little disappointing. They know something the rest of us don’t? 
- Total votes for McCain=4.9million, Romney=4.1million, Huckabee=2.5million. And yet Romney is the one who got squeezed out of the race while Huckabee threatens a Giants-over-Patriots upset? Weird.
Article printed from Blog: http://chelseagreen.com/blogs
URL to article: http://chelseagreen.com/blogs/popular-vote-update-feb-20/
URLs in this post:
 They know something the rest of us don’t?: http://www.alternet.org/election08/75845/