Carbon Farming puts carbon where it belongs – in the soil.
Carbon Farming combines cutting-edge agricultural practices with the tools of ecological design to build healthy soil and profitable farms. The Carbon Farming Course is hosted by the beautiful ThreeFold Educational Center in Chestnut Ridge, NY, home of the Pfeiffer Center for Biodynamic Agriculture. Evening lectures will be held at the Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture in Pocantico Hills, NY.
Top farmers and researchers from around the world are gathering at this unique event to train land-owners, farmers, policy-makers, investors, and in the best practices of carbon farming. Each Workshop in the 2012 Carbon Farming Course focuses on an essential component of profitable regenerative agriculture:
- Holistic Management: Decision-making for profit and purpose.
- Keyline Farming: Water planning and rapid soil development.
- Perennial Agriculture: Mimic ecosystems for resilience and risk-management.
- Tree Crops & Agroforestry: Perennial systems to multiply your yields.
- Living Soils: Activate soil biology for fertility and input-reduction.
- Local Food Systems: The Polyface Farm strategy for economic abundance.