Want to get involved in the great healthcare debate? We’ve got an idea. We at Chelsea Green have famously had great success with contests in the past, and now we want to help you taste the sweet nectar of audience participation. Here’s our idea.
You host a contest for your audience on your blog. It can be anything you like, but we’ve made some suggestions below. We’ll sponsor the contest by shipping free copies of Howard Dean’s Prescription for Real Healthcare Reform
to the winners of your contest…up to 5 people! You do the contest, we’ll ship the books. AND! We’ll send you a copy as a thanks for participating.
Not convinced? Here are some quick reasons:
- Your audience loves free stuff. They do. You know it.
- Your audience loves topical issues. Healthcare is SO right now.
- Your audience loves Howard Dean. Or, maybe they don’t. But they’ve HEARD of him, and that’s awesome.
- Use our prizes to create an engaged audience that returns over and over to your site.
No ideas for a contest? Here are some good ones. (We think so anyway.)
- Video Contest: Submit a quick video explaining why you support a public option. Best (or highest rated) answers win! (Use YouTube or something…)
- Essay Contest: Submit a 400-600 quick essay explaining why you support healthcare. Best (or highest rated) answers win!
- Twitter Contest: In 140 characters or less, make the most compelling argument for the public option. Be sure to use the #publicoption tag!
- Comment Contest: Be the 1st, 5th, or Nth person to comment on your contest post.
- Facebook Contest: This can be a combination of so many contest ideas! Photos! Videos! Etc. Be sure to point people to our book page on Facebook .
Just send Makenna an email 
to get started, or DM us on Twitter 
. We’ll want to know what you’re planning and when you’re planning to run the contest so that we can promote it on our blog, on Twitter, and on our Facebook page!
Cool? Good. Go.
Jesse (@jsmcdougall